The Hong Kong Library on Westlaw International is the most comprehensive online source of law, legal analysis, procedural guidance with legal and business news in English. It also offers efficient Westlaw searching and research tools, such as KeyCite, to help you navigate through the service seamlessly.
- Access to court decisions of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) from the Court of First Instance, the Court of Appeal of the High Court and the Court of Final Appeal. Securities cases are also available in a separate database
- Pre-1997 court coverage of the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong begins in 1905 and includes cases reported in Hong Kong Law Reports & Digest from the Court of Appeal of the High Court of Hong Kong, district courts, Lands Tribunal, Privy Council of Great Britain and other forums
- All ordinances, orders, bylaws, rules, regulations and other documents in force in the HKSAR or enacted but not yet in force
- Constitution of the PRC and HKSAR founding documents are available in separate databases
- Current legislation on securities insurance and insolvency is available in separate databases
The five-volume English-language edition of Hong Kong Civil Procedure 2009 (“The White Book”) provides an up-to-date, authoritative compilation of rules, both before and after the High Court’s Civil Justice Reform (CJR). It also includes more than 300 forms, schedules and practice instructions. Chinese-language coverage is available in PDFs.