US All State Primary Law
US All State Primary Law provides access to federal and 50-state primary law sources: case law, key numbers, KeyCite, USCA, CFR, annotated statutes, Black’s Law Dictionary, federal and state administrative regulations, and much more.
COMPREHENSIVE STATE COVERAGE
- All State Primary Law provides comprehensive support when you need statutes or cases from another state to help demonstrate or establish precedent when your state has no specific statutes or cases dealing with the issue. Includes:
- State case law and headnotes
- State statutes – annotated – along with documents passed by legislative body
- West’s Regional Reporters
- State administrative codes
WEST KEY NUMBER SYSTEM
The West Key Number System classifies American law into more than 400 topics and 100,000 subtopics directing you to specific points of law.
WEST CASE SYNOPSES AND HEADNOTES
West case synopses and headnotes consolidate the facts, issues, procedural history, holdings, and disposition of a decision, and contain terms of art and words that describe legal relationships among parties (e.g., landlord and tenant, husband and wife) the judge may not have used. As a result, a Westlaw search can retrieve relevant cases that an opinion-only search might miss.
KEYCITE CITATION RESEARCH
KeyCite citation research service is the easy-to-use, powerful citator that includes citations to 4 million reported cases, 20 million headnotes, and 1 million unpublished decisions. Plus, citations to USCA, CFR, statutes for all 50 states, over 600 law reviews, ALR, Am Jur, Wright & Miller, administrative materials, jurisprudences, and other sources.** Linking may involve additional charges based on Westlaw plan inclusion. Please check your plan for your specific charges.
STREAMLINED STATUTORY RESEARCH
Westlaw offers you time-saving ways to find, verify, read and interpret federal and state statutes. Links to relevant information – KeyCite information, Tables of Contents, Notes of Decisions, and related reference documents – help you decide what that statute means to you.
- Finding tools in one place — indexes, popular name tables, tables of contents, pre-formatted citation templates, and word searches
- Statutes are self-documenting with KeyCite status flags, while KeyCite citing references reveal the sources citing your statute
- Clean, readable display
- Relevant links for a 360-degree view of your statute – link to related documents for faster interpretation, including cases, analysis, legislative history, law reviews, statutes, administrative codes, Key Numbers, and more