Update September 2013
Welcome to your new look Update newsletter!
We are now featuring the Update on our website allowing you to view all the latest updates, enhancements and tips to get the most from the service anywhere and at any time. You can also catch up on our older editions in the archive section.
Along with the launch of our new marketing website, we have an exciting addition to the service, which will help you go even further with your legal research. We give you an insight into the wealth of EU books and looseleafs available on Westlaw UK so you can have a clear perspective when your legal work extends beyond your region. We also take a look at using Natural Language on Westlaw International, and illustrate how intuitive the service is.
As always, should you have any questions or comments please contact us.
Enjoy the read!
The Westlaw International team
THE SEPTEMBER EDITION
We’re delighted to announce that in July, Westlaw International launched a new marketing website at westlawinternational.com.
The site has a fresh new look, with improved navigation and a clearer way to sign on to the service.
We’re also giving you access to lots of useful content, such as downloadable user guides, interactive eLearning videos and simpler ways to sign up for free training.
On top of the added benefits, it’s going to be easier than ever for you to get in touch with your local customer support team. The new interactive Contact Us page means that you can find the telephone number for the Thomson Reuters office for your region with ease. More details about that page and other significant enhancements can be found below.
We’re always looking for ways to help you with your legal research. To ensure the site continues to stay dynamic and engaging, is there anything else you’d like to see? If not, we’d simply love to hear your thoughts on the new website, so please contact as at
EUROPEAN PATENTS HANDBOOK
We are thrilled to announce that this title is now available on Westlaw International. Armed with this authoritative content, you can make a more informed decision.
An official handbook from the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA), the European Patents Handbook (EPH) is your definitive guide to patents, with practical assistance for handling every aspect of European patent procedures. This essential reference includes the following:
- Discusses all aspects of a patent from the application process to the granting of a patent/li>
- Shows you how to handle national patents resulting from European patent applications
- Looks at areas of dispute in patent law
- Introduces new areas of development which have arisen within patent law
- Examines the special procedures required for biotechnical and microbiological inventions
- Analyses the key decisions of the EPO Board of Appeals and the consequences for patent law practice
- Evaluates the difference between a European patent, and national patents and applications
- Written from a practitioners perspective
- Incorporates fully revised and updated information that takes into account EPC 2000
The EU books and looseleafs on Westlaw UK come with a range of useful features and functionality to ensure it’s as easy as possible for you to find the information you need. With a wealth of trustworthy information, you can instantly stay on the pulse of the latest international legal developments. Here’s a highlight of some of the titles available:
- Dicey, Morris & Collins The Conflict of Laws
- EU Antitrust Procedure
- EU Public Procurement Law and Practice
- Convenient indexing of contents as you type
- Find what you’re looking for with ease using search terms
- Jump directly to the authority you need with links to cases, legislation and journals on Westlaw UK
- Footnotes appear alongside the text
- Everyone has access, at all times
- Materials can easily be shared by printing, downloading and emailing the documents
- View tables of cases and legislation referred to with the text sorted alphabetically, and link directly to them
- Students rely on the most authoritative resources
With Books & Looseleafs on Westlaw UK, you get unrivalled access to the smartest legal resources combined with the simplest and most user-friendly navigation tools, maximising your research potential. Below is a list of how they can benefit students and teachers alike.
BENEFITS FOR RESEARCH
BENEFITS FOR TEACHING
For more information about the books and looseleafs can help you make the legal difference, please contact us.
Don’t forget, as part of your subscription to Westlaw UK and Lawtel you have access to free training to help you get the most of the services. If you require training, please contact your dedicated trainer Tom Delsaer.
This summer he has already conducted training for:
- Supreme Court of the UK
- Dentons – Warsaw, Poland
- Winston & Strawn – Moscow, Russia
- Analytical Centre of the Government of the Russian Federation – Moscow, Russia
- Total – Paris, France
- Pillsbury Law – London, UK
- Clifford Chance – Mumbai, India
- Total – Paris, France
- Freshfields – Frankfurt, Germany
- Holman Fenwick Willan – London, UK
- Universite de Cujas – Paris, France
- University of Bayreuth – Bayreuth, Germany
Upcoming training sessions will also be held at:
With Natural Language, the search facility does not use terms and connectors but allows you describe your issue in plain English, for example: must a manufacture disclose the side effects of a drug?
When you use Natural Language, you retrieve the 100 best results which match your search rather than every document.